Monday, June 1, 2009

Trilogy contract...


It seems my new publisher would like to release DeVante's Children (my e-book) in print, as Book 1 of a trilogy.

This is great news!

Wonderful news!

Except... honestly, DeVante's Children is the weakest link of the series. So I am partly super excited (I have a contract for Book 3, which isn't even finished yet), and partly nervous (what if DeVante's Children doesn't do all that great - will they still want DeVante's Coven and DeVante's Choice?).

I'm scratching my head on this one, folks. Seems that an author should never mention to an agent or publisher that something isn't their best work... but... well, isn't he going to notice the difference between books 1 and 2? I mean, he is a publisher.

I have some great ideas that would allow book 2 to become book 1, and vice versa, but first I have to find out what the publisher thinks. And hope to god he'll tell me straight up, and not worry about, say, my feelings, or anything like that.

It's a TRILOGY. (I'm going to keep saying that out loud, because it's like a little orgasm) A trilogy. Three books, one story. Trilogy.

Okay, I'll stop. What I was getting at was... I'd hate to stall out at the gate, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment