Thursday, November 11, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010


If you've never written a novel in a month, November is your chance. If you've never heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month), then it might be a bit of a stretch to jump in now, (although I would never discourage such a thing) but you can at least get it on your calander for next year.

My family dreads November. I start getting excited in September - wrapping up current projects, brainstorming book ideas, daydreaming about the poor hapless characters I can create, and the terribly troublesome problems they will have to encounter... and by mid to late October my fingers are actually itching to hit the keyboard.

It's kind of a sad thing for October, because I can't settle into any major projects at all. Instead I figure out which computer I'll use for NaNo (this year it's an ASUS eeePC ), and put some effort into cleaning and organizing the house, since I know I won't be doing much of that again until December 1st.

I've participated in NaNoWriMo since 2007, and actually completed 50,000 words in 30 days twice. I hit a glitch in 2009 when I needed a root canal, and spent the 3rd and 4th weeks of Novemeber suffering first from varying amounts of agony and then from the effects of pain medication. Pain medication has a tendency to make me lazy.

So far NaNo 2010 is going well. I'm a little ahead of the mark already, but trust me, that's no cause for relaxation considering my every other weekend work schedule and the fact that Turkey day is coming.

And what am I writing, anyway? Well. Let me tell you.

I'm writing a sequel to my ebook Above the Dungeon. Many readers and reviewers have requested a sequel, so I will happily oblige.

Happy November noveling, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment