Thursday, November 8, 2012

SM Johnson ~Thursday Morning Coffee ~ Happy NaNo

Happy NaNoWriMo!

Busy, busy around here. We're in the middle of my mom's move - pretty stressful, but hopefully the really tough stuff is almost over.

As for NaNo - I cleared the 10,000 word mark yesterday, and maybe even discovered a couple of interesting plot points.

It's fun to play with Roman, Jeff, Jason, and Vanessa again. Dare and Zach will be making an appearance in this book, as well. I know I'm looking forward to it, hope you guys are, too!

This baby is warming up already. TWO erotic scenes in the first 10,000 words. Yay! Gotta love the hot stuff.

I don't have a title yet, though - so it's sitting around as Dungeon 3, Untitled.

Blah. That's pretty boring.

The first book is Above the Dungeon, which is the name of the Roman's club that was physically above Roman's dungeon. Yeah, that's me, extra creative.

The second is Out of the Dungeon - because there was a lot of Real Life interference in that book, and most of the scenes occurred somewhere away from the actual dungeon.

In book 3, Roman, Jeff and Vanessa are in Gigi's house in Minnesota, and working out their relationships and figuring out what their lives will be like after all the trauma of the 2nd book. I'm having trouble figuring out a title. Midwest Dungeon - meh. Not great. Minnesota Munch - argh. Too kitschy. And besides, I want the word "dungeon" in the title, for continuity. Guess I'll keep thinking about it, but hey, if ya'll have any suggestions, feel free to toss them my way.

Other book news... I've corrected an embarrassing bunch of typos in Out of the Dungeon, Amazon edition, and re-uploaded the file. Amazon notified me that there's a few more, though - sigh. So I'll be fixing those, soonest! Haven't got the fixes to Smashwords yet, but it's on my urgent to-do list.

Sheesh, that's about all I've got to chatter about today.

Have a great weekend, darlings. And if any of you are attempting to write 50,000 words in 30 days for NaNoWriMo - hey, you're not crazy. Well, maybe you are. But you're in good company with a bunch of other crazy people, so good luck and have fun!

~SM




1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is tough (the title, I mean)...although I can't wait to read the book! Yay! :) Geek out over, I'm still thinking about the title. What about "Rebuilding the Dungeon" or "The Dungeon Remade"? Somehow I keep thinking along those lines, as a new dungeon, with a play on the new life I guess? ANyway, I'm sure you'll come up with something better, I suck at titles, lol.

    ReplyDelete