Friday, February 22, 2013

SM Johnson Writes ~ Friday Morning Extra ~ Schadenfreude by 19/XIX

Amazing read. Possibly the best read of the year, and guys, it's only FEBRUARY. Serious.

Somehow I was lured into the darkness on Goodreads to stumble upon a book called Schadenfreude by XIX (19).

This is not an ebook. It is a rough draft posted on a website. I sat in front of my computer for a WHOLE DAY consuming it, almost non-stop.

I've linked to the book's page on Goodreads, because I think anyone considering reading this should read the reviews. It's a rough draft. There are unusually placed commas. It is an awful story - but let me warn you, it is not a poorly written story, oh no, not that at all.

It is such an awful story that once I had read it online, I immediately copied it into a Word document that I emailed, warts and all, to my kindle - so that I could read it again, much more slowly. Because it I suspect Schadenfreude will be with me forever, one of the stories that changes your soul.

It might be the most beautiful story that I will read this year. It brought about an almost... physical shift to my insides, my heart and my head, and I almost hate myself for loving it so much.

I dare you to read this book. Let yourself be changed.

Feel free to read my review on Goodreads.




[April 2013 note: A shiny new version of Schadenfreude should be available for purchase by fall, so feel free to wait and read in paperback (recommended) or ebook formats. But do NOT forget that this is on your TBR list - although if you do, I will make sure to remind you.]

~SM

No comments:

Post a Comment