Thursday, April 18, 2013

SM Johnson ~Thursday Morning Coffee ~ Tatts and Stripes and Snow, Oh my!

Happy Thursday, darlings!

I wrote about my tattoos and posted pics over at tumblr, so feel free to check that out. (Ignore the couple of typos... I have no idea how to edit anything over there). I'm sure I've done it already over here, but maybe the story is a little more evolved this time around. Or maybe not.



Northern MN/WI is absolute INSANITY as apparently we are being subjected to the NeverEnding FuckingWinter of 2013 (TM).  I have put my boots away at least three times now, and at least three times I've had to dig them out from the back of the closet. (I have a huge and unholy terror of being forced to endure wet socks). We've been getting significant amounts of snow every week. When I say "significant" I mean enough to break out the city snow-plows - this is not right for April.

I have been noticing for about the last four years that we don't get really warm weather until nearly the end of June, and then continue to have unseasonably warm temperatures right into November. As a kid, good weather started in April and was over by mid-September. I remember wearing Halloween costumes over parkas and snowsuits, and the adults carried steaming mugs of hot cocoa. The last couple of years my kid wore their costumes over nakedness, and we moms wore sweatshirts and carried iced vodka drinks (because trick-or-treating is more fun when alcohol is involved. Trust).


That's about all I've got for Coffee today.

Oh - well. Have I mentioned that I have the best hairdresser girl EVER? I love my stripes (she hates when I call them "stripes" - LOL). And although I pretty much hate pictures of myself, my stripes are so awesome that I almost made myself late for work trying to take a picture that I don't hate. Or at least that I don't hate as much as I hate most of them.

I guess this one will do. Love, love, love the contrast of highlights and low-lights. So worth the money.

Happy Thursday, darlings. Hope your weekend is snow-less. Sounds like mine won't be.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, JC! Ahhh, I love my tattoos. I would get more, but the last one took a long time to heal, so I'm a bit hesitant.

    ReplyDelete