Monday, October 6, 2014

SM Johnson ~ Month of spooky ~

Good morning, my darlings, and Happy October!

I have been stunningly busy working on a Secret Project almost from the moment Dare in the Dungeon was released.

But. The release is going swimmingly! Good reviews, decent sales - so yay for you guys, and thank you so very much!

If I get permission for my Secret Project, ya'll can expect two "revamped" novels from me before the end of the year - woot! Is that exciting, or what?

Meanwhile... I'm re-reading Anne Rice's Blood Canticle in excited anticipation for the release of Prince Lestat on October 28th. It's been OVER A DECADE since we last followed Lestat through his adventurous undead life, and I gotta say - I can hardly wait. Always loved hanging out with the Brat Prince, and I'm glad that Anne is going to share him with us again.

Not much else to report, really, which is why I've let the blog be quiet.

Hmm.

Oh! At some point within the next month-ish or so, I'm hoping to hit ya'll with The Story of Hawk and Boy.  I was going to include this fun short story as a bonus with Dare in the Dungeon, but my beta readers didn't feel it was quite ready and advised against it.

It's close to being ready now.

If you recall - Hawk and Boy came to Dr. Mitch in Three in the Dungeon with a problem they needed some help with, and Dr. Mitch agreed to help them. So I thought, since I let ya'll eavesdrop on that conversation, you might as well join in the fun of fixing Boy. Heh. Medical kink at it's finest to the best of my ability.




Ooooh! Let me tell you how my musical life has recently been enhanced.

(insert musical interlude) and disclaimer: I AM NOT A MUSIC REVIEWER, JUST A FAN.


I have been waiting and waiting (and waiting) for TRAIN to release Bulletproof Picasso. Wasn't in love with the singles they pre-released, but that didn't worry me - as it shouldn't have. There are 3 or 4 songs from that album that I cannot get out of my head, and I am double triple quadruple excited to go on a 5 day cruise with them next February. Train immersion, here I come.

The older Train albums (Train, Drops of Jupiter) are still my favorites, but Bulletproof Picasso is definitely a nice addition to my Train library.

Here's my favorite song, the title track, from the new album:



My other favorites from the new album are Don't Grow Up So Fast, I Will Remember, and Wonder What You're Doing For The Rest of Your Life.

What was unexpected, was that I discovered Better Than Ezra released a new album, All Together Now on Sept 10th, so I grabbed that from iTunes. The first BTE album I purchased was Closer, years ago, and it blew me away. They have an exceptionally unique sound that I adore, and I think it's been about five years since their last album.

But - THIS ALBUM - All Together Now - might end up being my 100% all time favorite music of 2014. Better Than Ezra outdid themselves, as far as "poppy" catchy tunes, (Diamond in my Pocket, Crazy Lucky) and a couple of deep make you think songs (Gonna Get Better).

So yeah. All Together Now continues to blow me away, so I urge you to check it out.

I had so much new music I managed to clean the whole downstairs of my house one afternoon. Which, if you knew how much I hate doing that, you'd be really impressed.

So here's one of my favorite BTE songs from the new album:



That's all I've got for now, darlings. Here's hoping for a lovely October.

No comments:

Post a Comment