Monday, June 1, 2015

SM Johnson ~ DeVante's Children ~ Countdown!



June 4, 2015


"Gay people are perverts."
That's what eighteen year old Daniel Winthrop hears as his father kicks him out of the house. And even though Daniel knows his dad is being unreasonable, he has plenty of his own questions on the subject.
When Daniel’s first lover, Roderick, claims to be a vampire and attacks him with such cruelty there could be no other explanation, Daniel realizes there are stranger things in the world than men who love men…

92,000 words, M/M erotic romance




Me n' Alice have been busy busy busy.

DeVante's Children has been REVAMPED and it is READY! Mark your calendars for June 4th, 2015.... because there will be Amazon and Smashwords buy links, and for you, my loyal blog followers, coupons!

I am so excited.

This is my first baby, and I really had a great time taking so much of what I learned writing the Dungeon series and playing around with this, the very first novel I ever attempted to write. I deepened my characters and their relationships with one another, I found all the important stuff that was in my head and never made it to the page and got it out there where ya'll can SEE it and FEEL it.

I tightened the plot and got it all to make a lot more sense - who are these people and why are they doing the things they do? Why don't they just kill each other and be done each other, for fuck's sake?

The story always had an epic feel - and now you'll have a better understanding of that epic-ness. DeVante and Katarina and Roderick have deeply entwined histories together - ties that just don't break all that easily, no matter their past hurts and betrayals.

And then in come Daniel and Emily, the new kids - we gotta have new kids and new blood, always... otherwise it's just a soap opera, isn't it? Yeah... (sigh). So lovely.

So here's the deal... This book, DeVante's Children was published in digital format by Torquere Press in 2009, then had some minor changes and was published in digital and paperback in 2011 by Rebel Satori's Queer Mojo imprint.

But here's the deal - this isn't the same book with a new shiny cover. This is a tighter, better, sexier story that finally does the characters that have been living in my head for thirty years some justice.

I made sweeping cuts and wrote a ton of new scenes. The bones are all still there, but the flesh and blood is so much more alive.

This is my baby and I'm so pleased to offer it to you.

#DEVANTESCHILDREN

No comments:

Post a Comment