Friday, January 15, 2016

SM Johnson ~ Review ~ Finding Home by Jackie Weger

As my week winds down, I find myself seeking the sort of isolation that an introvert needs to re-energize. What I am doing right now is at my clinical internship is like... man, it's hard to explain. It feels like I've been given an opportunity to learn about something that could very well become my passion.  I've been exposed to such amazing and brilliant and valuable people, and they astound me.

But still. Social. And introverts can only take so much social. So when my week ends, I'm looking for good books. And this week I found a great one!

This one isn't dark or dreary or erotic. It isn't my usual fare whatsoever.

And yet -  delightful! I'm not going to rehash the plot, you can follow the links to Goodreads for that, but imagine if Dicey from Homecoming and Dicey's Song  (Cynthia Voigt) had been an adult searching for a good man to fall in love with her and take her and her siblings into his humble home.

Finding Home by Jackie Weger is kind of like that.



Phoebe's voice took a bit for me to get used to - or rather, took a bit for me to embrace her as an adult, because honestly, she sounds enough like I remember of Dicey to trip me up. I say this as a compliment - so don't go thinking this is a cheap knock-off - because Finding Home is definitely a story all it's own.

This book has spit and vinegar and and character and wit. I found myself laughing out loud several times. I read it in one extremely enjoyable sitting, and I highly recommend it for that moment when you're looking for a fun, engaging, and humorous male/female romance.

I won't be forgetting Phoebe and Gage anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment